Bell and feather earrings


Oh dear, the artist of the cap beads has some real gig going on with colours.  Her application of the colours are not a hit with me.  I liked them in her photos, and because you had to bid for the item, and she was very popular, I really bought some things I regretted... that is, until I could change them.  Why she chose purple to go with this brown I don't know.  But anyway, I also bought those feather earrings way back, when I was so drawn to them.  I remember the mall, the country, the loneliness of my family and having to just fill my time with shopping.  But at least these now make a great match minus the purple, which is hard to see when worn.  I also made the hooks myself... winged it... probably using my hands and a pen and pliers or something.  So many things get thrown out over time just because we change tastes.  I wish I didn't look after things so well, sometimes.  Jewellery, ceramics and metals, unfortunately last a long time so you need to either be relentless and move it on - or be good at doing a poor job of looking after them.  But it is nice to combine two useless items and turn it into something useful.

Popular Posts