Blue and silver leaf earrings


Oh my goodness what was the original bead designer thinking when she painted these.  So freaking yuk at the back, then red tips on the front, like blood?  What was I thinking buying them?  Anyway, freaking glad to redeem them by adding silver and blue alcohol ink to save these from me cursing them and hating myself and then congratulating myself for discovering UV resin who put so many beads back in the good books.  I am so amazed at how fast UV resin cures, and it's uses for me.  I can't say I am drawn to 95% of the photos of resin art, but I am amazed at the practicality of UV resin for 3D objects and jewellery.  It was hard to get these leaves to hang well.  How to hang?  The leaves rotate 360 from its pivot unless the leaf is anchored somehow.  With the UV resin, I was able to dab some on and in ten seconds it cured under direct sunlight, allowing me to fasten the leaf and make a hook for it, so that it is always facing forward on an earring.

Popular Posts