Fake claw earrings
An ugly pair of earrings I bought on sale and then regretted the design, which was just blue spots on grey. Just looked pimply. Kept the gold highlights, which is real gold but only around 13% or something... very little value, and comes off with hard alcohol scrubbing, but at least it's real gold. The original designer's choice of earring findings is also a bit unfortunate. Although she likes to use sterling silver or gold filled hoops, they're just so weak. I have substituted with vacuum plated stainless steel which is peanuts to buy. I also bend and shape the hoops now. Because I bought a bunch of 25mm diameter hoops, I reduce the size to 20mm then I give it a squeeze so that the shape is not so symmetrically perfectly round and circular - rather organic, slightly flattened shape, like the earth... or something that has a nice hand made touch.
To get the shine back, I add UV resin.


