Pearl and gum leaf earrings



Those coppery leaves were bought and given to me at a time when I was way too young to appreciate the beauty.  I really didn't like them, but felt obligated to keep them because I just value what people give me, even if the relationship is so awkward.  But now I think those leaves are so artistic.  I added the pearls from anther pair of earrings that I bought from eBay, but had to take off the dark purple faceted glass teardrop cos it was just killing those pretty pearls.  Recently bought a few pairs of these marquise hook stainless steel vacuum plated gold hoops, and I think these have topped it off.  I have thought about making this shape myself, but you know what? Sometimes it's just better to get a professional's.  Earring wire, thickness, strength etc. is a bit of an art form (as is everything in life, really).  I couldn't be bothered trying to get these right via diy when you can buy five pairs for five buck or something.  These photos are just in my bathroom... I haven't tried to position any of the earrings very well, and those flowers are long dried from half a year ago, but how pretty they make a photo.  Oh my, are pearls just delicious or what?  No wonder they have been collected for so long.  Pearls are gorgeous.  The pearl of great price.  The merchant in search of a fine pearl ... such lustre without human hands doing anything to them.  Such beautiful objects found in nature.

Popular Posts