Homemade Little Songbirds Corset (Alabama Chanin remake)

Looking back at this dye job I’m impressed... every stage of it was frustrating and felt like a failure. It was all still very new to me. Washing out dye jobs seemed to be so over the top a use of water. Things seemed so easy to splash and get dirty. I didn’t know what I was doing. I didn’t like the colour..... the colour wasn’t predictable from looking the packaging. I couldn’t get a hold of preciosa beads in a shade of red that was actually beautiful.... now I wish I had made more (!) Oh well!  I had cut the stencil onto A4 clear acetate that’s equivalent of 10mil Mylar by knife.  Things like this helped me to keep searching for better smarter mediums and techniques to work with to decrease effort to the point where it’s not annoying/painful. I didn’t even use spray adhesive for the stencil at this point. I saw how slippery it was and not worth it in future. 

Three shades of direct mx dyes in three different dye attempts

Superfine merino 2ply... very pretty...

Alabama Chanin knock off, Angie's Fall, indigo = shades of blue

Totally redid the back stitching because I wanted it to be better!



Three years into this ac garment making I’ve finally purchased a heat tip made specifically  for stencils. Had to get it imported from the UK cos the population here is too small for such specific markets. I can’t even find that heat tip here.  I want to fly through some stencil making, or lots of them, with less chances of burning self. Even though God does miracles and healings it’s honestly better to not need a miracle. Miracles are often, not always, needed in great suffering persecution pain n pressure. While I love and desire the spiritual realm I’d rather not need a brand new tooth - if you know what I’m saying. 

I’m amazed at sometimes what’s renewable and what’s not by the general laws we all experience. Hair and nails are. Teeth and kidneys aren’t. I’m amazed that as people age their colour turns dull. So many ageing people  look heaps better with dyed hair. Or blush on their cheeks... something that babies have so naturally. Ageing is hilarious. It’s such a joke that we are given like so much pressure to stay youthful looking. It’s just not going to work no matter how hard you try.  Laugh out loud!   There are so many alternate ways to view ageing... so little time to work on what matters most. Life is very, very short. There are goals to meet - and it’s got nothing to do with I’ve got to go here, get this career, try xyz relationships etc before I die.   Depending on what kind of relationship we have with the Father and what he chooses to grant us we may never even die. That is a special, special privilege reserved for a few but it is entirely possible to be up for the runnings. But that kind of life is 1000% deliberate. There’s no accidental way to get there.

We have an allotted time on earth. May it never be stolen from you just as children can be aborted. May it never be cut short by someone else’s choices. We have an allotted time to try things on earth but we have to be very careful and intentional in order to make the most of it. The one thing we can control is how much of our heart we want to give to the Lord of lords. This is irrespective of how we have been dealt a good or unfair lot.

Total surrender is so costly. But I have to go there. I have to keep going. I have to. 

Popular Posts