Book cover | swing skirt redo
A previous swing skirt I wore only once. It's so pretty but I just wasn't wearing it. Felt strongly to make this book cover. I had ripped off the hard cover years ago and it was naked and not that pretty. As usual, when I inspect a lot of products made, underneath is fairly unprofessional and untidy. As though made by mass manufacturing labour and it's just another product. One one hand yes it is just another inanimate product, on the other hand when I see the mass manufacturer signs I feel like the ones involved are being paid not much and don't have much of a life. Haven't been moved yet to press into this arena. I also don't buy into people's books that it's all bad. It isn't. Having lived with and among other cultures much poorer than mine I know there are many unperceived benefits that the rich don't know how to value. Value is not in material possession, titles, history book accomplishments or beauty. Value runs deeper and while poverty is not a value, it contains it it riches and wealth that the rich of this world find hard to grasp. So hard to grasp that the messiah said it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven - but not impossible. One of the hardest things for people to understand in the privileged world is suffering, as though it is another great inconvenience to our otherwise supposed to be awesome life. Suffering is not so foreign in poor societies where everything contains suffering. Suffering is unwanted but it's not so terrible if one knows God can be found, that is if they want to know God. It takes a lot of pressing through, perseverance to keep going. Just keep going. If there's one thing to never give up on it's finding God continually like getting to know someone with increasing intimacy. A real person has real depths and never gets dry. But people frequently stop. People give up, give in, divorce, move away from each other, build defences, etc. God's way is from the heart to the heart, spirit to spirit. That's why he so rarely talks about the stuff-of-this-world we are so concerned with. The outer, the exterior. We are who we are on the inside, not the outside, and who we are when we are not pretending to be someone we were taught to be or think we ought to be. His way is higher than our ways, his thoughts higher than our thoughts.


