DIY bridal tissue box cover

Such beautiful bead and sequin work made in Melbourne AU by Anna Campbell bridal but I never wore this. It made everything look good. The cats looked good with it as a collar, the wrists looked good with it as a cuff. Bought this off eBay for peanuts from someone selling off her bridal belt so this came in a string of three repeated appliqués. It sucked as a belt because it was only sewn onto a thin piece of silk, beautifully done, but really not useful. It didn't hold its shape well and the functionality just sucked for real life. Passed as studio photography though. Some sophisticated appliqués look really good when you just use it on a petite size object. I just can't wear this thing around anywhere but the option is always there...all I need to do is just snip if off again and reuse it, but I probably never have because it's still too delicate. Which is something I appreciate about AC clothing is the strength of the thread they use. The benefit of this is being just a  tissue box is that it barely moves, pretty much never needs to be washed, and yet is still an object of display.  It's definitely getting seen now as opposed to sitting in a cute cardboard storage box somewhere.  The appliqué really can't be washed without a lot of care (one of the rhinestones have already fallen off because simply the claws are not strong claws, they're that weak metal type like you'd almost think it's aluminium foil and I've never even washed this thing) and I can see they haven't used particularly special/strong thread. So there's no point putting this on clothing which gets dirty, moved around with real life, and requires washing and all that.  I don't know why professionals put so much effort into creating a $$$$ garment-object and then make it so easy to break. I suppose people can get away with this for bridal things.  Stupid.  Oh well at least now this will be used and maybe also wrecked but at least used and then one day be ready to be recycled.     This beautiful embroidery work is applied on baby pink fabric which I really can't wear either but it would also look absolutely classic on a white fabric tissue box instead.  Still really pretty on baby pink though. 


Popular Posts