Over-dye smokey black factory dress (Alabama Chanin remake)

Previously smurf blue indigo type dress but couldn't feel comfortable in smurf blue. 

Used around 40-50% one packet of idye natural w minimal. Very hot over stove top and added salt and soda ash as per their supplement instructions specifically for black. 

Black needs a lot of black to get really black. I think I've seen procion sites recommend double the quantities usually.  This one turned out like smokey black. Which is still nice. Some parts of blue still come through making it look a bit silvery under bright light. 

Four photos below show details which you can see all simultaneously by eye in real life. iPhone camera can't do the job.  

Closest tone to real life. That the dye job turned out not solid black I think is good too. 

Under bright natural light can see the blue undertones. The smokey grey bicone beads look like stars in the night sky. 

 Leafy details, Alabama Chanin's new leaves stencil

Cretan and strips to join the t-shirts used into creating knee length dress.

Popular Posts