Linen tunic

 

Originally by E.S. but kind of sucked.  One of those heavily discounted items (probably cost price) but they really choose some good quality linen.  I took out all the strange box pleats that was a little try hard Japanese fail, and the blue stripe in the middle was changed to spare matching oatmeal linen.    That was rough, but the under layer is a matching cotton jersey made from up cycled long sleeves.   I removed the original 3/4 linen sleeves because there wasn't enough space for my broad back.  I certainly have removed the original tag by this stage. The hemming for the neck hole originally sucked too.  The colour matching was just all over the shop.  E.S. has a penchant for being big, quirky, made for big people in a Western country by getting lots of inspiration then translating it into Western fashion, producing it in China and then selling it for $$$ in trendy rich areas here using local caucasian models.  I was sadly hooked onto when they were emerging because of their excellent mark downs and pretty photography but now I find they're just overpriced.

Now, it's just a plain A-line-ish garment that's ready to stay as is, use in the kitchen, use to sleep, use to go out, or be embroidered once again.


Popular Posts