Stencil heat tool | daisy artwork
| Daisy by Alabama Chanin |
Another breeze through stencil making with the previously mentioned techniques.
Also,
- this stencil cutter heat tool beats by a long mile the generic one I bought from local eBay store. I had to import the specific tool from UK. But better it is. The heat also isn’t too intense. It’s well designed just for melting plastics. I have accidentally touched it a couple of times and it doesn’t burn crazy in an instant. I didn’t even need to stop the stencilling process. Worse things can happen just from cooking. With the old generic tool advertised for wood burning I needed to wear an oven mitt it got so hot; also lessens hand control. The electrical wire and plug component is also sturdier.
- this daisy artwork was fun to do. I’ve done this one before but not the whole thing. But decided to because I wanted A.C.’s proper scale and I really don’t like having to think about repositioning when it comes round to the painting/airbrush stage. I feel there’s lots to manage at airbrushing and I don’t like the wet paint drying (causes more problems with airbrush gun) while I think and rethink about positions. - there’s actually a lot of uniqueness in this daisy stencil. It didn’t bore me so good chance I’ll like sewing it up. - it takes a few hours to get through this so mild weather makes sitting in the garage doable. A few hours of this used to seem so long but it’s actually small compared to the embroidery. So at least this feels like an instantaneous result.
- as most things, it’s pain that makes tasks difficult not length of time so much. The heat tool really eases the pain factor by zillions. I could probably do two or three stencil cuttings a day if I had nothing else to attend to.

