Magdalena Maggie Apron Dress | faded fabric | Alabama Chanin designs

Size M no modifications to cutting template.  Binding goes for miles, not worth me doing by hand when black on black hides so much detail.  Vaguely followed ac faded fabric instructions on their journal, added random black blotches of diluted acrylic paint on natural (unbleached) cotton jersey fabric that accidentally got mouldy during storage.  The mould made it blotchy faded black colour which I could not remove.  Now the whole thing looks mouldy but fashionable lol.  Got very bored doing straight stitch on black fabric with charcoal paint - very bored.  Dropped this project for long periods of time and it came into purpose when I needed space to think and do a no-brainer at the same time.  Did not knot off everywhere for each single polygon/shape - not necessary for such an apron style garment to preserve stretch.  Where the polygons were close vicinity and/or small, didn't bother to not off.  The stretch is still very much enough and who needs to spend extra time on very time consuming tasks that kind of don't really matter?  The final outcome, such a striking design and while the colours are very boring to sew, the cut out effect is wow.  The Maggie Dress template has the ability to show a bit of side boob and others have complained that it shows their bra.  I intend on wearing this over merinos; it doesn't bother me.  Otherwise, it does have a high neckline and modest length.  I don't think I need to modify this cutting template but it has only been worn briefly as yet.  Some cuts work short, others long.  I think this dress is really best at this length.  I've seen their short length version and it just looks a little cheesy and outdated.  The tunic version = passable.  Their dress version is a yes.



The inside of the garment is pretty cool.


 

Popular Posts